Sunday, February 24, 2013

Story of Blogger's Buzz and a simple two tier vanilla cake !

I am still having a hangover of the wonderful Bloggers Buzz  I have been to yesterday..It ws such a pleasure to be in a room full of like minded fellow bloggers. When I woke up yesterday morning  I was so excited and at the same time was having a funny feeling, just like a feeling I used to have  just before the first day at  a new school/college ! Neverthless I was so enthuthiastic and left home leaving my lil A for a whole day with S,which I have never done before : )

I had to catch a train and a bus  for the venue and the train journey  which usually  takes 20 -25 minutes went so quickly as I was in a different world all the way thinking about the event, I got down the train and walked towards the bus stop  and while I was waiting for bus, it started  snowing little bit  and it was freezing cold but because of the excitement I didnt even feel cold ! After few minutes of waiting, bus came and   I  got down at the nearest stop. I am always a  sucker  with maps but this time I did  a bit of home work with maps, so finding the venue was easy ,on the way I met few of my fellow bloggers friends too,we recognised each other and I was so happy to see them.We all reached the venue and I  was so amazed by the efforts  Nupur of  Uk rasoi , Nisha of Look who is cooking too and Preeti of Isingcakes and more did for arranging the event well organised ! We were welcomed with refreshments tea/coffee ,sandwiches and Total yogurts and Muffins ..If I knew by refreshment they meant this lot I would have skipped my breakfast :)

 Bloggers started connecting each other and we all chit chatted as if we had know each other for long time and I didnt feel that I was in a new group...it was amazing and  It reminded me of college days where friends used to chat non- stop. I was also impressed by the efforts taken by some bloggers who travelled a long way to be with us,especially Priya of Priya's Versatile recipes who came all the way from Paris ,kudos to her !

After the initial 30 -45 minutes of casual chit chats we  introduced ourself to the audience, followed by   Food  Photography session by Jeanne of Cook sister. Since I am a newbie with SLR camera her session was so useful to me and I cant wait to take some food pictures, now that I have  learnt a little about  my camera ,thanks to Jeanne for clearing all our  doubts :)

Then it was our lunch break and it was a delicous  Indian lunch box with some rice, roti, curry and a vegertable stir fry followed by gulab jamuns and ice cream. We all had a happy tummy after the lunch ! We were left to connect each other for some more time before our next session.

The next session was equally exciting, it was macaroon making by Bobo Macaroons and we were shown the techniques of making a perfect  macaroon ! she was so patient and cleared all our doubt and we were also lucky enough to taste two different falvours of macaroon which  she baked and it was deliciousssssss.. I am sure many of us will be trying macaroons soon :)

The next session was by Glams media about monetising our blogs and it was so useful aswell.I am defintely going to think about it.It was nearly the end of the event and we all had another round of tea/coffee and refreshments. When we all said goodbye we were given a goodie bag with full of goodies ! I am sure we are all going to bake a lot with the goodies we were given.
 
Things in our Goodie bags !
Macaroons tasting and evening refreshments !
 
 To sum up we had a great day and I am already looking forward to the day when we all  can meet again !Thanks to oraganisers Nisha, Nupur and Preeti  for making this event so succesful , to all the bloggers who made it for the event ,Jeanne , bobo macaroon and Glams media for all the sessions and last but not least all the sponsers of Goddie bags, Sponsers of hall (Avedna Ayurveda and Lovesubzi.com), and Sponsers of lunch (Shree krishna vada pav) ,Tea/coffee (Whittard of Chelsea )and refreshments (  Urban tadka ).
 
Coming to today's post..This was a two tier vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing , I baked two 9 inch cakes and sanwiched them buttercream icing and then on the top I kept two 6 inch cakes sandwiched with buttercream icing.Covered the whole of the cake with vanilla buttercream and then made a little pattern with fork !





20 comments:

pepper bowl said...

Super yummy cake vineetha!! I wish I could have been in your blogger buzz...

great-secret-of-life said...

super yummy cake

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! The cake looks simple yet pretty in its own way..

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Cake looks simply delicious and lavish. Excellent !
Deepa

Merry Tummy said...

Hi, it was nice meeting you. Yumm cake

Simplyfood said...

The cake looks amazkng and it looks like you got a lot of inspiration from the event.

Swathi said...

Looks like you had great fun. And awesome event. The cake is very nice.

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely goodies looks like fun

Nupur said...

Thanks Vineetha... I am looking around your space the first time in so detail. You have an amazing collection of Cakes, specially with Fondent icing.. Wonderful !

Next time we should be calling you for a Master class ;)

Nupur

Subhie Arun said...

Super yummy cake dear... Glad to know u had wonderful time at bb... I jux missed it since I stuck with something else.. Hope to meet u all next time...!!

Julie said...

Looks like u had a great blast dear,loved seeing the pics too..another yummy cake too,Vinee:)

Unknown said...

It was a great day and so happy to meet you, a wonderful baker and I love how you have documented the event... hugs

Rafeeda AR said...

lovely page u have... so glad to have found u!!! :)
http://sweettoothraf.blogspot.com

Sharanya palanisshami said...

happy to follow you vineetha , visit my space when u get time.......

notyet100 said...

Cake looks so gorgeous,..:)

Asiya Omar said...

YUMMY CAKE and thanks for sharing the Blogger buzz experience..

Dipti Joshi said...

Nice click....Looks great!

KrithisKitchen said...

Nice writeup Vineetha!

Vikis Kitchen said...

Cake looks fabulous. Enjoyed reading the details on the blogger's meet. Seems a lot of fun and informative. Kudos!

Ruxana Gafoor said...

yummy yummy cake...thanks for sharing your wonderful experience at bb in such detail...do visit my space when you are free...