This has been the longest silence ever I guess….Life has been busy but I am not complaining about it. I like it this way rather than warding of boredom. I spend most of my weekends baking cakes these days, making peoples life sweeter! Not doing it professionally yet but with encouragement I get from friends I have a feeling that I am in the wrong profession !
My FB friends already know that recently I took part in two Bake off competitions and won prizes in both and I have to say it has boosted my confidence a lot to try out new recipes and this eggless cake has been a result of that. So this recipe is for my future reference really. I have tried few eggless cakes before but was never happy with the results, but this cake has got a nice texture. It is soft, spongy and light. I don’t have a picture of cake slice to show you the texture as it was made for a friend for her hubbys birthday, but she saved a slice for me to taste and I was really happy with the outcome J
Cake flour - 1 ¼ cup /140gm (1 cup plain flour+ ¼ cup corn flour)
Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Salt – pinch
Condensed milk – ½ tin/ 200 ml
Melted butter – ¼ cup /60 ml
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Boiling water – 75 ml
- sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl take condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla and beat until mixed.
- Add boiling water to it and beat until mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients to it and fold in gently.
- Pour the batter into two 8 inch cake pans and bake in an preheated oven at 180 degree C for about 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for few minutes and then invert them onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Sandwich the cake with buttercream or icing of your choice.