Sunday, February 3, 2013

Godhambu puttu / Wheat puttu ...finest godhambu puttu ever !

 


 

I have posted the godhambu puttu recipe long time ago and I was sticking to that recipe until  my mum in law showed me a new technique to make the finest puttu ever with the help of mixie /blender ! I was always a fan of rice puttu and always preferred that one over godhambu  puttu but this finest puttu has changed me and now anytime I prefer this one over rice puttu..its soft, yummy and very filling !
Posting this recipe  has been a challenge for me till today for many reasons, either it will be too late for clicking it as breakfast is always in a hurry or there wont be any light if my breakfast is ready on time but today being a weekend we all woke up late and luckily sun is coming out reasonably early so I had enough time to click it  !
 
 
Ingredients (serves 3 )
 
Wheat flour - 2 1/4 cup
Boling water - 1 cup
Salt
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
 
Method
 
1.Boil water by  adding salt .
2.Add the wheat flour to the boiling water and stir until its mixed properly.Let it cool down.

3.In a mixie/blender add the flour and give it a pulse until its becomes fine , if you find its a bit sticky add little flour and pulse again.
4.In a puttu maker add a thin layer of grated coconut on the bottom add the flour and repeat the layers with grated coconut and flour.I usually make 3 layers.
 
 

5.Steam it  for 3-5 minutes.
 
This is the puttu maker I use , I steam it over my pressure cooker !
 
 

18 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Its been a while i havent made puttu, wish to get that puttu submerged with kadala curry,loving that click.

My World My Home said...

My favorite da...looks delicious...

hotpotcooking said...

So long it's taken with kadalai curry, looks healthier too

great-secret-of-life said...

healthy and tasty puttu
http://great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Delicious and fulfilling puttu.
Deepa

Nupur said...

I havent had this Puttu ever. But have read about it a lot.. I wish I could come o your place and have this ... seems yummy !

Swathi said...

Adipoli puttu, kandittu kothi varunnu.

Shema George said...

The puttu with kadala photo is awesome...makes me wanna eat some right now

Prema said...

wow delicious puttu,yummy combo...

Suhaina said...

Looks yumm. I too make rice and wheat puttu the same way dear.. its very soft.. I am drooling over the foto here..

Jaisy James said...

my all time favrte looks yummy

maha said...

Looks delicious and fingerlicking good.

maha said...

very healthy n so tempting

Unknown said...

One of my fav breakfast. We prepare home made wheat flour for making this puttu. so Yummy. isn't it?

Julie said...

that's a very nice idea of blending it in the blender..i usually don't make wheat puttu as it forms lumps soon..will try its soon,super healthy too:)
Flavors Of Cuisines-"Mexican"

Shama Nagarajan said...

yummy and inviting recipe.. .

Manju @ Manjus Eating Delights said...

wow, what a lovely idea to pulse it in a blender...Your MIL is a genius ;-) We usually always make gothambu puttu, but ya its never too fine n soft...mayb I should seriously try this method from next time.

gayathri said...

wow..it looks so delicious..nice presentation..
first time to ur site..
http://foody-buddy.blogspot.com/