Reviewing a recipe from baking mad's website that has so many awesome recipes was quite challenging for me. I was lost in middle of all those great recipes so I have been postponing this review for sometime now and finally this Light whole meal bread made it to the list. It had already some great reviews on the website so I was confident that this bread was going to taste great. What attracted me most was, it was so easy to put together, literally a one bowl bread and it was under kid's recipes so there is no need to say that even a kid can make this bread ! When the bread came out of the oven I couldn't resist eating a slice and even before the bread had cool down I cut a slice and ate the hot bread just as it is. Usually I like to eat my bread with some spread on it but believe me the hot bread which comes out straight from the oven don't need anything, it tasted like one awesome toasted bread and in the morning it became the softest bread ever with a great texture and tasted really good !
Very strong Whole meal bread flour - 250 gm ( I used Allison's)
Very Strong bread flour - 250 gm ( I used Allison's )
Easy bake yeast - 1 1/2 tsp / 7 gm ( I used Allison's easy bake yeast's 1 sachet )
Salt - 1 1/2 tsp
Runny honey - 2 tbs
Sunflower oil - 3 tbs
Warm water - 1 1/4 cup /225 ml
- In a mixing bowl take flours,salt,yeast.
- Add honey, sunflower oil and warm water to it and knead it well until you get a smooth dough.
- Shape it and put into a greased loaf tin and allow it to proof with a cling wrap until double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degree c and then immediately lower it to 200 degree C .
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes.
- If the bread is cooked you will hear a hollow sound when you tap on bottom.
Disclaimer - This is not a sponsored post.
With thanks to Baking Mad for sending me some baking products.