Since last few days I have been missing blogging very badly and when I looked in drafts I was disappointed as there was no recipe to post and thats the reason why I posted some random summer pictures last time...but I must say that it wasn’t satisfying as doing a recipe post so I had to cook something specially for blogging. So after quick brainstorming here I am back to business with my tried and tested Naan recipe ! I have been making this for a long long time now, and it’s very much appreciated by my friends and our small family especially my lil boy. As soon as it comes out of the oven it goes straight into our tummy and that’s why this recipe never found its way to my blog. The trick for a good Naan is a very sticky dough which I learnt from Vahreh Vah chef. This weekend we have been lazing around at home so I managed to take a video with hubby’s help (though its not a prefect one ).
I should tell you that photographing the pictures was quite challenging as my lil boy was behind my lens waiting impatiently to grab one Naan, he even threatened me that if he is not getting his share quicky he will eat my camera ! I hardly got few seconds to shoot it, so pictures might not be appealing as it tasted but I assure you this recipe is a keeper.
Maida/ Plain flour – 3 cups
Milk – 1 cup
Instant Yeast – 1 ½ tsp
Sugar – 1 1/2 tsp
Yogurt -3 tbs
Oil – 3 tbs
Salt – 1 tsp
Gralic cloves - 6 (crushed)
Butter - 3 tsp (optional)
- Dissolve 1 ½ tsp yeast and 1 ½ tsp sugar in a cup of warm milk and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Measure 3 cups of flour in a bowl.
- Add yogurt, oil , salt, yeast – milk mixture and knead with a spoon or with your hands roughly.
- Cover it with a damn cloth or with a cling film and let it sit for 2 hours or until its double in size.
- Divide the dough into six equal balls ( use flour to dust if required)
little oil on your hands and stretch the dough between your palms as shown in
the video or roll it into oval shapes .
- Sprinkle the garlic on top. Let it si for 15 minutes.
- Place the Naan into a a preheated oven( maximum tempetarure) for 6 minutes or until its slightly brown on top.
- Spread butter on top and serve hot with curry of your choice !