Simple recipe with few ingredients is what everyone likes. I was chatting the other day with my little sister who used to try a lot of my recipes when she got married, but few months before we had a new arrival in our family who is keeping her busy all the time. Since then she doesnt do much cooking . She was telling me that when she checks my blog and find lengthy ingredients she give up straighaway and another reason was most of the ingredients that is not easily available there. There might be lot of people like her who want to do simple cooking with readily available ingredients so I am going to really work on that and post some simple recipes and post under the label simple cooking :)
This Aloo tikki defintely falls in that category, it takes only about 30 minutes if you pressure cook your potaoes and with few ingredients you can serve this is as a starter when you are running out of time :)
Indredients (makes 10 tikkis )
Onion - 1 small(finely chopped 0
Boiled Potato - 5 ( Medium )
Green peas (boiled ) - 3/4 cup
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Redchilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala - 1 tsp ( use a mixture of garam masala and coriander powder if you dont have chaat masala )
Coriander leaves - finely chopped
Bread crumbs - 3 tbs (optional )
Oil ( for shallow frying )
- Mash the potato and keep it aside.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Make small balls out of it and flaten it a little bit in between the palms.
- In a frying pan add oil and shallow fry the patties on a medium flame for about 4-5 minutes until they are firm and hold their shapes without falling apart.
- Serve hot with some tomato ketchup.