Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Birthday cake !


Hope u all are doing great..I was thinking about  updating  my space since  many days,but  something or the other kept me busy. As I told before, we went to India for an amazing vacation and got back in the mid week of september and  this time when we came back my mother in law also came with us .It took few days for all us to setlle down  and adjust with chilly weather which welcomed us.Then next came lil A's birthday,I had only few days to organise everything and then the biggest  job ofcourse was baking the birthday cake ! He wanted a Mc Queen cake from Cars movie,Initially my plan was to try out a 3D mc queen cake,but then I was not confident enough to go for it,so I decided to go for sheet cake with fondant figurines of his favourite characters from the movie.
 

 I had to bake a cake for 20 kids and 20 adults ,so I baked 3 sheets of vanilla cake and filled it with swiss meringnue butter cream and vanilla buttercream and covered it with fondant .I made figurines of his favourite charcaters Mc queen and Mater from fondant too ! I made the figurines two days before the party and did all the baking and most of the decoration a day before the party.The whole process was quite laborious but when lil A said" thanks amma for making this cake " all my efforts became so worthwhile ! The cake tasted good too, everybody loved it !


You wont believe me when I say I didnt even get the time to click the pictures of the cake ,luckily a friend of us who  took the  party pictures  clicked the  picture of  the cake too ! Thanks to him :)

So see u all again with another post soon :)

18 comments:

vrinda said...

Nicely done ,lov the cars too..Belated B'day wishes Monu...

PrathibhaSreejith said...

Vineetha, cake looks so good. Look at the mater and mcqueen, so well made. Awesome job, hopw you son had a great bday, my belated bday wishes to him :)

hotpotcooking said...

Great work. Its very neat

Julie said...

Vinee,cake looks fabulous da..Great treat for him,Perfect birthday treat:)
Join my ongoing EP events-Rosemary OR Sesame @ Now Serving

Swathi said...

Beautiful cake, belated birthday wishes to Prince.

runnergirlinthekitchen.blogspot.com said...

Belated birthday wishes and lovely cake.. am sure it was a hit!

Reshmi said...

belated wishes.. the cake looks great and the cars well made

Unknown said...

Love everything about the cake, looks perfect to me. I am sure the Birthday baby loved it

Priya
Cook like Priya




Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Belated Birthday wishes to your lil one...Fabulous cake...hats off to you for making this lovely fondant cake

Unknown said...

beautiful cake..

Priya Suresh said...

Belated wishes to lil A, such a beautiful and great looking cake.

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Adipoli cake...Looks fabulous...Hope he had a wonderful b'day...

Hamaree Rasoi said...

This looks perfect...love the finishing ...Belated wises to Little A

Manju @ Manjus Eating Delights said...

wow, Vineetha,
I'm not boasting , but I must very honestly say the cake looks really pretty. All the attention to detail, the hills and mountains and the race track , and the cars have come out so well.
And how so sweet of your lil boy to say 'thanks', just melts my heart!! ♥ B'lated b'day wishes to the sweet guy!

I've never tried making swiss meringue buttercream...but I've heard it tastes great, should give it a try. What flavor was the swiss meringue?

Great effort and glad you are back from a happy vacation and welcome to your mom-in-law, mayb you can share some mom-in-law recipes soon :-)

Regards,
Manju

Ganga Sreekanth said...

cake looks wonderful dear..Belated B'day wishes to Monu..

Subhie Arun said...

nicely done..great work dear/....perfect treat!

sangeeta said...

This is a child's delight... beautiful cake.

Teena said...

woah..Cake looks so cute & yummy!! Perfectly made too :)