Friday, November 11, 2011

Chicken Liver Varattiyathu/ Chicken liver stir fry

DSC01407


Does winter makes everyone feel hungry all the time or is it just my family ?? We are constantly hungry now and we feel like eating something non veg everyday,earlier we used to eat veg meal atleast 2- 3 days a week . I guess if I go on like this I will have to change my wardrobe for new clothes , but I am glad that from January lil A will be starting nursery for 3 hrs so dropping him and picking him will give me a good walk !
Chicken liver is something that we dont buy at home but when my brother in law came last week I prepared this for him as this is his favourite,I only picked up a 300 gm pack thinking that we will not eat it,but it tasted too good and finally nobody got enough portions to eat :)

Ingredients
Chicken liver - 300gm
Onion -1 small
Ginger -garlic paste - 1tsp
Whole Garam masala -(cinnamon,cloves,cardamom,staranise,bayleaf)
Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/8 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tbs
Tumeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Redchilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt
Curryleaves

Preparation
In a saucepan add some oil and sputter cumin and fennel, add whole garam masala and saute for 1 minute. Add onions saute till its brown,add curry leaves and all the masala powders and saute till raw smell goes. Finally add the chicken liver and cook until its done.

11 comments:

ente pachakasala said...

wow superbb adipoli

An Open Book said...

the husband makes liver fry at home and i have never been around when he does that..not a fan, but from ro devouring into it i can say it would taste great :)

Priya said...

Super delicious stir fry,my H's fav..

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Looks super yummy...

julie said...

delicious stir fry..Had lots as a kid,yummy !!

Suja said...

Kothiyavunnu..adipoli aayitundu,my favorite

Treat and Trick said...

Great preparation and looks yummy!

Sobha Shyam said...

I have tasted the liver fry long back, it looks delicious, not just u guys..but we all are hungry all the time in this winter :)

Amy said...

Sounds tasty....

Midweek Fiesta @every Wednesday

deepsrecipes said...

Healthy & good for our heart !!!
Though I cant take it,looks yum..

Amina Khaleel said...

wow.. spicy and delicious fry..

01 09 10