Monday, October 3, 2011

Fish curry (Salmon curry )

Weather in U.K is so unpredictable,we all said goodbye to Summer few weeks ago and were getting ready for the chilly days but to our surprise the hot scroching sun came out again last week !!
Like everyone else we too decided to make the most of the weather,but our day out in hot day was sooo tiring.Eventhough the temperatures were not high like in India I felt that the sun here is much hotter ...Maybe it doesnt make any sense ! I was wondering how the people enjoy lying down in the hot sun taking sun bath !!
Anyway today it looks like Autumn is returning again , but I am wishing for few more sunny days,I dont mind even if it is bit chilly , just sunny days is more than enough ..


Since its Navaratri I have been eating vegeterian food for few days and on the final day (vijayadashami ) I will end my vratham eating Nonveg food. So on the eve of Vijayadashami/Dusserah I am sharing a Fish curry which I made last week..

Wishing all my friends Happy Dusserah/Vijayadashami !!


IMG_1408



Ingredients
Fish (salmon )- 250 gm
Onions -2
Tomatoes - 2
Greenchillies- 2-3
Ginger-garlic chopped- 1tbs
Curryleaves
Redchilly powder- 1 tbs
Turmeric powder- 1/3 tsp
Corainder powder - 1 tbs
Salt
Mustard seeds - 3/4 tsp
Feni greek - 3/4 tsp
Coconut milk - 1 cup


Preparation
In a pan add some oil and sputter mustards , add fenugreek and when it becomes light brown,add chopped onions and saute till it becomes soft and brown. Add ginger-garlic ,curryleaves,green chillies and saute for few more minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and all the masala powders and cook till tomatoes becomes cooked and mashed. Add fish , pour some water and cook till the fish is done. Finally add coconut milk and when it is starts to boil switch off the flame.


IMG_1406




17 comments:

julie said...

Yummy yum curry..Lovely gravy..I always prefer the gravy with coconut milk in fish curries!!

Roshan said...

very yummy curry...feel like having some rice now itself..

do participate in the Sunday Special event at my blog...

Swathi said...

Adipoli curry Vineetha. tempting for a veggie like me.

Priya said...

Omg, lipsmacking curry..looks fabulous..

ente pachakasala said...

curry looks yummy perfect for rice appom superbb clicks

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. said...

Salmon Fish Curry luks yumm,creamy coconut sauce.Luvly click dear.

Nitha said...

delicious fish curry...

Rinku Naveen said...

Yummy fish curry. Perfect with steaming rice

Tina said...

creamy n yummy fish curry..nice click too...

Suja said...

Drooling here,adipoli fish curry

Sobha Shyam said...

fish curry looks delicious and superb..thanx for visiting my space..glad to follow u too..

Uma said...

Simple yet delicious curry. Salmons fillets are making me drool much.

Cheers,
Uma

Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roshu said...

Mouthwatering curry dear!!!feel like having with pathiri

julie said...

Hey,I have an award waiting for you at my space..please collect it dear:-)

Amy said...

looks tasty!! first time here and attracted to your blog

Jay said...

sounds scrumptiously tasty..:P
Tasty Appetite

01 09 10