Sunday, June 10, 2018

Wholemeal bread


               

Hello all…
Unless I start taking food pics in my  phone, my blog is not going to survive because  I haven’t got the time to take my camera out, style it, take pics and edit it after spending all my energy running after a 1 year old ! Hopefully I might get time to do all that again  soon, but until then  I would rather update my blog  with phone pics than losing my tried and tested recipes  fore ever. So here I am with a bread recipe which I have made couple of times with whole meal flour which is a hit in my household. Nothing can beat the taste of freshly baked home made breads …trust me got to make it to believe it !
Recipe adapted from Paul Hollywod

                

Ingredients
Whole meal flour – 250 gm
Strong white bread flour – 250 gm
Salt – 5g
Instant yeast- 8 gm
Unsalted butter – 40 gm
Tepid water – 320 ml
Olive oil

Method
Tip flours, salt, yeast, butter into a bowl, add water little by little and knead until you get smooth dough. You might not need all the water.
Put the roughly kneaded dough into a work surface and knead with little olive oil, folding the dough inwards for couple of minutes until you get a smooth and silky dough.
Place the dough in a bowl and cover it with a tea towel and let the dough proof for one hour or until double in size.
After an hour knock out the air in the dough and knead again, folding inwards until you get smooth dough.
Place the dough into an oiled loaf tin and let it proof again for another hour by covering it with a clean plastic bag.
Preheat the oven to 200 degree C. Put a roasting tray in the oven with hot water to create steam which gives lighter crust.
Place the loaf tin inside and bake the bread for about 35 minutes, you should hear a hollow sound if you tap the base of the bread if it’s cooked.
Let it cool.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Julie said...

bread looks nice n soft dear..I too have started with phone pics for step by step detailing,true as u said it takes lot of patience and time with camera pics.