Friday, September 15, 2017

Achinga payar mezhukkupuratti/ Long beans stir fry


Here I am again just to say a quick hello. To be honest, I didn’t expect that I would be coming back again this soon. Life has been busy, hectic and tiring but time is flying and my baby is 4 months now ! He is a light sleeper and a serial cat napper, so  doing household chores and cooking itself is hardwork, let alone photographing and blogging. 
Slowly things are getting better, he has started to play on his own for a while which gives me some extra time to do my stuffs while he keeps himself busy. If he continues to be a good boy like this I will be back often :)
My most active days of blogging was when my elder one was a 1 year old. I wasn’t working then so all his nap times used to be my free time and thankfully there were no smart phones then and it got me into blogging.
Anyway coming back to today’s post, it’s a simple mazhukkuperattty which we make often at home.

Ingredients
Achinga payar/long beans – 250 gm ( cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces)
Shallots/kunjulli – 6-7 no(fistful)
Chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Curry leaves – few
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut oil
salt

Method
In a wok/cheenachatti/kadai add coconut oil and sputter mustard seeds
Add thinly sliced shallots and fry until soft
Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves and fry for a minute
Add the chopped beans, little water( 2-3tbs), salt and stir.
Cover and cook until done.
Serve with rice and enjoy !


4 comments:

Anupa Joseph (Palaharam) said...

good to see you back ... hoping the baby would be a good boy to spare you some time for yourself.... And you are right, I too feel the smartphones have takes so much time from me and made me less productive....

Its been a while that I made this mezhukkupuratti, for no particular reason though... I will get some and make it soon now that you have tempted me

Suja Manoj said...

Simple and yummy, my favorite

Rafeeda AR said...

I love any kind of beans, but prefer the spring ones due to the ease to chop them... hehe... love that the onions are nicely caramelized... hopefully your boy will be good to you and give you time to blog, and also agreeing 110% as to how smartphones literally steel our time... :(

Julie said...

Great to c u back with some yummy posts,Vinee..Hope this continues and the little one gets along with his brother..yummy mezhukuparetti,love it with some choodu choru :)