Sunday, April 16, 2017

Mango lassi


Mangoes are in season now and being a diehard mango fan I end up buying  box of mangoes whenever I see them. Usually mangoes goes straight into my  tummy and doesn’t get a chance to be experimented , but this time mangoes I picked up were  a bit fibrous and the vein like part was getting stuck in teeth, so it  wasn’t that good for eating so I decided to make lassi with it. I love mango lassi’s, the only drink I order from Indian restaurants. I know that the restaurant ones are not made from fresh  mangoes. It's made with mango pulp that comes out from  a tin and has tons of sugar in it, but still I order it as it's hard to resist the tempation of a mango drink ! But if you would like to make a healthy version I would suggest making your own lassi when mangoes are in season and enjoy this drink without the guilt.



Ingredients (Serves 4-5 )
Mangoes – 4 ( peeled and chopped)
Yogurt – 1 ¼ cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Sugar -  4-5 tbs or according to your taste or sweetness of the mango
Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp

Method
Blend everything together together in a blender and chill

Notes – I made mango puree first and sieved it to get rid of the insoluble fiber in the pulp and then blended the puree with rest of the ingredients.

5 comments:

Rafeeda AR said...

Who doesn't like a good thick mango lassi??? Delicious...

Famidha Ashraf said...

Can you believe, I am yet to taste this season's mango. Where I live, good ones are yet to come. I saw some Paki ones but all with dents. Lassi is the best way to beat the heat and mango flavoured is a bonus! :-)

R said...

Perfect summer cooler. Great way to enjoy mangoes.

Unknown said...

Perfect summer drink...and nice clicks.

http://sukanyaeasykitchen.blogspot.com/

Tumas Tongue Treats said...

Beautiful shots and the lighting is awesome in the first pic. Love this Mango lassi. Well made and it looks delicious Vineetha