I can’t let this month go without a post. My first post for this year. This post has been in my drafts since Christmas, I was going to post it as a holiday indulgence but it took me 6 weeks to finally sit down and publish it. Anyway better late than never ! I know this is the month of New Year’s resolution and maybe some of you maybe trying to eat healthy and stay away from Indulging, but once in a while cheating is okay. To ward off the winter blues we need some indulgence and this is a perfect recipe for it.
I made this dessert for a dinner party and this was a big hit and usually crowd pleasing recipes like this, especially desserts makes it's way to the blog for my own reference.
I have posted a sticky toffee pudding recipe as a guest post for Manju’s blog long time back but this is a different recipe. It’s so easy to make and tastes divine !
Recipe source –here
- Unsalted butter – 55 gm
- Eggs – 2 large
- Demara sugar – 200 gm
- Self -raising flour – 200 gm
- Black Treacle – 2 tbs
- Dates( pitted) – 200gm Black treacle – 2 tbs
- Golden syrup – 1 tbs
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Boiling water – 1 ½ cup /300 ml
· For the sauce
- Light muscuvado sugar – 125 gm
- Unsalted butter – 125 gm
- Double cream – 190 ml
- In a bowl place the dates and add boiling water and baking soda to it. Keep it aside for few minutes and then blend it to a smooth puree.
- Meanwhile cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add in eggs and beat in slowly.
- Add treacle, golden syrup, vanilla and beat until mixed.
- Add the flour and fold in.
- Add the dates puree to the batter and fold in.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8 inch cake tin or 6 individual pudding bowls.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 200 degree C for 20- 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool down for sometime.
· Toffee Sauce
- Place light muscuvado sugar, butter and cream in a saucepan on a low heat until the sugar dissolves and the sauce gets a toffee flavour.
- Serve the warm pudding with sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice -cream !