Good time surely flies... before I blinked my eyes two weeks of holiday just flew past! sigh..No more late nights or alarm free mornings :( but I think to appreciate and enjoy the holiday we need to earn the break or it won’t be this fun. Anyway I am glad that I got back into the mood of blogging during this break and I actually took an effort to take pictures of things I cooked. I am not sure how long that is going to last though.
Coming to today’s post, chilli fish is one of my favourite dishes. I have been making this for a long time now, especially when I have friends over but like many other recipes it never found its way to blog. It’s such a hassle free recipe with no deep frying bit but still tastes awesome.Talking about the step by step pictures eventhough I managed to click all the steps they are not really good ones as my helper (hubby) got so impatient and ditched me after taking 1-2 pictures so I had to click most of it with one hand :)
For marinade and frying
Boneless fish - 500 gm
Maida/ Plain flour - 6 tbs
Cornflour - 3 tbs
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
Water - 1/4-1/2 cup
Oil for shallow frying
Onion - 3 medium (cubed )
Spring onion – 5 ( chop whites and green and keep them separate)
Capsicum/ pepper - 1
Green chillies - 2( cut diagonally )
Minced ginger – 2 tsp
Minced garlic – 2 tsp
Tomato sauce/ tomato ketchup – 5 tbs
Soya sauce - 4 tbs
Chilli garlic sauce - 2 tbs
Oyster sauce ( optional ) – 1 tbs
Cornflour - 2 tbs
Water - 5 tbs
a bowl add Plain flour, cornflour, salt, pepper, ginger garlic paste, egg and
water and make a batter ( thick enough to coat the the fish)
- Dip the fish in the batter
and shallow fry them in a pan adding oil flipping the sides until they are
golden brown for about 5 minutes on each side. Drain it on paper towel /
kitchen tissue and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add minced ginger, minced garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cubed onions and chopped green chillies and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add spring onion whites and saute for a minute or so.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add soya sauce.
- Add oyster sauce.
- Add chilly garlic sauce and cook for few minutes until oil starts to separate.
- Add chopped capsicum and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the fried fish and coat it in the sauces and cook it covered for 3- 5 minutes.
- Finally dissolve 2 tbs of corn flour in 5 tbs of water and pour this to the paneer and mix well.
- Cook for another 1-2 minute and sprinkle the sprinkle the spring onion greens turn of the flame.