Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes for Pancake Day !


It’s pancake day/Shrove Tuesday again and I can’t believe in about 1 ½ months’ time it will be Easter! I wasn’t aware of this day until a friend of mine invited me for a Pancake picnic few years back.  I didn’t even know how to make pancakes then and thanks to my friend for introducing pancakes to me.

 I make pancakes quite often now and that’s why you don’t see many pancake recipes in my blog. Things that I make often usually never finds its way to my blog as I postpone clicking pictures every time. But I knew that Pancake Day was coming soon and it seemed like a good time to post it. I have never been so organised in my life before, I actually drafted a post ready for today and was waiting for a good day to shoot pancakes to add the pictures but unfortunately that didn’t happen and I forgot all about it until the gals mentioned about the Pancake Day. I didn’t want to wait another year for posting this, so believe it or not, I did the shoot this morning. I even did a photo set up the last night and all I did  today was  I made the pancakes, shifted them to a plate and clicked them even before my son was up!





Recipe source-here
Ingredients
Plain flour/ Maida – 2 cup+ 2 tbs( for tossing blueberries)
Eggs -2
Buttermilk -2 cup (if not mix 1 cup milk with 1 cup yogurt)
Granulated sugar – 2tbs
Baking powder – 2tsp
Baking soda- ½ tsp
Blueberries- 1 cup + 1/2 cup ( for serving)
Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp(optional)
Vanilla extract – ½ tsp( optional)
Salt – a pinch
Unsalted butter/oil for frying

Method
  • In a bowl add  flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder salt and mix.
  • Beat egg, vanilla and buttermilk until combined.
  • Toss the 200 gms blueberries in 2 tbs flour and keep it aside.
  • Add the egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
  • Finally add the tossed blueberries and fold in gently. Let the batter stand for 10 minutes.
  • Heat a pan and spray /brush with some oil or butter and pour 2 tbs of batter. Cook for 2 minutes on one side, flip it over and cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
  • Serve with some fresh blueberries and maple syrup

4 comments:

Nava K said...

Gorgeous pictures. Equally gorgeous are the pancakes. Its been ages since I made them. Now after seeing these, I am tempted.

Julie said...

looks yummy..kids love blueberry pancakes!!

suja md said...

Super tempting pictures, made me feel like I was browsing through a leading magazine.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wah...can't wait to giv a try now..