Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Kaju Katli/ Kaju Burfi/ Cashew burfi for a Happy Diwali and a Chai party announcement !


Its Diwali again and I am super thrilled about it for many reasons. School is splitting up for a half term break and I am going to get a one week break from work and secondly I am looking forward to my social life with Diwali potluck and parties.  The School I work is a multi -cultural school and we do give importance to all festivals and this term the focus is on Diwali. Children are having mehendi design competition which I thought was really cool. My son also goes to same School and he has designed a cool Mehendi which he is hoping that he will win. No matter how many times I tell him it’s not winning that matters but taking part is he really won’t listen and always wants to win !! Anyway coming to topic , I wanted to give my collegues something special for Diwali and after asking my blogger gals they suggested that Kaju Burfi. I am so happy that I made this as they are so easy to put together and tastes so yummy !
Before I go to the recipe let me  draw your attention ( particularly London peeps) to an Indian Chai party the Bloggers Buzz is hosting at the end of November, a traditional tea party with an Indian twist. The tickets are going on sale soon and are limited so I suggest don’t waste the opportunity and buy them as soon as you can. Talking about venue, its Jenius Social conveniently located for all. I promise you that  it’s going to be a fun afternoon with lots of good food , festive games, mehendi corne, dance and music !! If you would like read more about the event head onto Mykitchenantics, Nisha has more details about the event.


Ingredients 
Cashew nuts – 1 cup
Sugar – ½ cup+ 1 tbs
Water – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 1 tbs
Rose water – 1 tsp 
Method
  • Powder cashew nuts in a mixie with 1 tbs of sugar
  • Place sugar and water in a saucepan and keep it on a low flame until the sugar has dissolved.
  • Add in the powdered cashew, keep stirring it until the mixture thickens and comes together, might take up to 7-10 minutes.
  • Remove from fire and add rose water, ghee  and  transfer it onto a big mixing bowl and knead it.
  • Transfer the dough to a greased plate and flatten it. Place a grease proof paper on top and roll it thin (3-5 mm thickness).
  • Peel of the grease proof paper and let it cool.
  • Once completely cool, cut them into diamond shape. 

9 comments:

Julie said...

Yummy ones,my favorite dear..Happy Diwali :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful burfi dear

Rafeeda AR said...

Delicious looking kaju katlis... enjoy ur break! :)

PrathibhaSreejith said...

Perfectly made delicious Kaju Katlis.
Wishing you and family a Very Happy Diwali Vini !!

Merry Tummy said...

getting such good comments for my food pics means a lot:)
Happy diwali:)

FLAVZCORNER said...

I too made some Katli, but didn't bother to powder the cashews fine, so they didn't have the appealing cuts, but it was tasty. Enjoy the Chai party and your break!!

Unknown said...

Great burfi

Unknown said...

Looks perfectly made Vinee..:-) Enjoy your break

jehanne@thecookingdoctor said...

Hope its not too late to wish u happy Diwali, Vinee! Those katlis look as fab as shop bought :-) hoe u had a lovely time with family xx