Last weekend was a very productive one for me, it was Bloggers Buzz BBPC session 3 and this time it was outdoors in a busy sunday market to capture the fall colours. This time it was a group of six of us, Manjiri, Nisha, Nupur, Suchi, Gayatri and me. The market was very colourful that day with all colourful pumkins around and we had fun shooting the coloured beauties. Smell of amazing food was all over the market and it was really hard to control all the tempatations while shooting the pictures. The Whole experience of going to market is really wonderful, seeing all the fresh local produce and the are comparatively cheaper to the supermarket ones and the great thing is they are local and organic too !I am definitely going to go often to farmers market and get hold of some fresh local organic produce :) I am not going to talk more about it, let the pictures speak more about it !
Coming to todays post its Chocolate fudge brownies I took for a Halloween party at my friends place. Halloween is only tomorrow but we already had a dressing up party at my friends place. It was indeed fun to watch kids enjoying themselves, probably they were all sugar high after all the candies they ate. We had great party, the food were contributed by all mums and this brownies were my contribution for the party. It was so chocolatey, yumm and very rich too ! I had book marked this recipe from Rias space a long time back but since it was rich I was waiting for an occasion to try it and this party seemed like a perfect occassion . If you are chocolate lover like me, I am sure you will love it and its perfect for taking to a kids party !
Ingredients ( makes 25 brownies )
Recipe adapted from Rias collection
(The cup I use for measurement is a 200 ml cup)
Plain flour/ maida - 175 gm/ 1 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder - 2tbs
Instant Coffee powder - 1 tsp
Dark chocolate - 300 gm (70 % cocoa )
Eggs - 5 (large )
Granulated sugar - 200 gm/ 1cup
Light Brown sugar - 100 gm / 3/4 cup
Unsalted Butter - 200 gm
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
- In a big bowl take 300 gms of chopped dark chocolate, coffee powder and 200 gm butter and place them over a simmering pan of water until butter and chocolate melts.
- Meanwhile in mixing bowl measure plain flour, cocoa powder, salt and mix with a spoon and keep it aside.
- Add both the sugars to the chocolate mixture and stir until dissolved.
- Break 3 eggs into the bowl and whisk until combined.
- Break 2 more eggs, add vanilla extract and stir in ( donot over mix)
- Finally add the flour mixture and fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into a prepared cake tin and bake them in a preheated oven at 180 degree celcious for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out with moist crumbs
- Let it cool completely in the tin and then cut them into squares.