Monday, January 7, 2013

Strawberry cake with Vanilla Buttercream frosting






How is the weather in ur part of the world ? Well in my side it has been raining almost every now and then most of last year and the newyear is not any good either, eventhough  the rain has kept the winter temperatures on a warmer side I prefer slightly  chillier days if the sun comes out !
 
I have been frequently  posting about my bakes  for a while now, eventhough I cooked  a lot during holidays I hardly got a chance to click it to blog about it, so  I am seriously going to take some effort this year to balance the blog with variety of posts rather than just cakes and bakes. Bear with me this time as I am again here with a cake which I tried to decorate with buttercream. As I am    selftought when it comes to  cake decoration, until I practise my buttercream decoration I was never going to learn it , so I decided to try my decoration skills with piping bag this time and I wanted to experiment a new flavour and an icing technique which I havent tried before , so with both those things in mind  I came up with this Strawberry cake with buttercream frosting and decorated it like in Basket weave pattern( If u can call it so ! ) and a grass pattern with grass tip and then the topped it up with beautiful strawberries to give a look of fruit basket !
 


 
Ingredients
 
Flour - 1 1/2 cup
Eggs - 2 large
Sugar - 3/4 - 1 cup
Oil - 1/2 cup
Cooked and strained strawberry puree - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract - 1tsp
Baking powder - 1 3/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
 
Method
1.Sieve flour,baking powder,salt and keep it aside.
2.Cook the strawberries in a saucepan adding a tbs of water until its soft ,let it cool for sometime and then puree them with milk  and strain the seeds through a sieve.
3.In a bowl beat sugar and eggs.
4.Add oil, cooked puree to that  and give it a mix.
5.Add dry ingredients and fold in.
6.Pour the batter into a greased cake tin and bake for 25- 30 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.

You can find the recipe for buttercream frosting here
.




9 comments:

Vimitha Durai said...

Loved the decoration. Nice flavorful cake

Unknown said...

nice decoration.. looks cute..

Torviewtoronto said...

beautiful decoration looks wonderful

Swathi said...

Adipoli decoration, love this cake and frosting.

Amina Creations said...

wonderfully decorated cake... delicious...

great-secret-of-life said...

Very nice cake.. Love the deco..
http://great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

Priya Suresh said...

Elegant,gorgeous,neat and absolutely beautiful cake,loving that frosting.

Julie said...

Great cake dear..loved the neat finish of the basket pattern..Nice clicks with the new cam?? :)
Join EP event-Nutmeg OR Parsley @ Chef Mireille's Global Creations

pepper bowl said...

believe me the first glance made me thinking that strawberries are on the bamboo basket.. kudos to your icing skills..