Friday, November 6, 2009

Dhal and Seafood




I am dedicating this recipe to my 13 month old baby as this curry was an experiment I tried to make him eat rice. When he was around 7 months I started giving rice to him with parippu as curry, Just the plain parippu with salt and turmeric..but later on I started adding vegetables to parippu so that he will eat vegetables aswell. I didnt gave him any meat or fish till his first birthday..I thought let him be a pure vegeterian till his birthday..Soon after his birthday I gave him meat and fish and he liked it very much ..After having meat and fish for fewdays I cooked a vegetable curry last week but he started spitting rice without meat or fish..I tried the vegetable curry next day also, but again he started spitting and I didnt want to starve him....Thats how I made this dish which is very easy if you have seafood collection in your freezer.

Ingredients
toor daal - 1/4 cup
Onions - 2
Tomato - 1
Green chillies-2-3
Curry leaves
Garlic -2-3 pods
chilly powder - 1 tsp
turmeric powder - little
coriander powder- 1 1/2 tsp
chicken masala - 1 tsp
salt
seafood collection( prawns,mussels,scallops etc)

Preparation
Saute onions till pink in colour add chopped tomato saute for few minutes till it become a paste. Add greenchillies, garlic,curry leaves and all the powders and add some water.Add seafood collection and cook.
Cook toor daal in a pressure cooker and pour it to the curry mixture.Let the mixture boil for few minutes. our curry is ready..Garnish with coriander leaves.




3 comments:

Sarah Naveen said...

OOh ...thats a wonderful combo...Will dfntly give it a shot some day...

gtyuk said...

hehehe, that's my kinda boy :):) once he has tasted the meat & fish, how do you expect him to eat only vegetables, hehehehe!!! sorry, just kidding!!

my husband & my teddies are like that too; They like eating vegetarian dishes provided there's at least a tiny piece of non-veg beside!!

the dhal looks delicious with those seafood mixture!!

My Kitchen Antics said...

thats an interesting way to get children to eat veg as well...