Sunday, January 27, 2008

PARIPPU AND MURINGA CURRY



Weekends are always busy for me...I dont know how the time goes..After friday night when I open my eyes it will be monday...Oh I hate monday mornings..
Parippu with Muringa is a Nadan curry that I make...I love the combination of parippu and muringa so much...Dont think that there is any other veggie that goes so well parippu.

INGREDIENTS

Toor Dhal - 1/4 cup
Drumsticks 3
Onion 1
green chillies 3
curry leaves
Ground coconut - 1/4 cup
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder -1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds
Red chilly - 3 no

PREPARATION
Pressure cook Dhal adding chopped onions along with it. Add drumsticks, green chillies,red chilly powder,turmeric powder and salt to dhal and cook for 5 minutes or until done.Finally add the ground coconut and when it starts to boil turn off the fire. Heat oil in a pan and sputter mustard seeds,add red chillies and curry leaves to it and add to the curry.

2 comments:

Rohith.R.Nair said...

nice recipe..thank you..

Pavithra Elangovan said...

hi vineetha first time here , nice dishes and i love drumstick... i loved this dish and also other dishes...will be back often
keep going