Monday, January 4, 2016

Chilli fish with step by step pictures

x

Good time surely flies... before I blinked my eyes two weeks of holiday just flew past! sigh..No more late nights or alarm free mornings :( but I think to appreciate and enjoy the holiday we need to earn the break or it won’t be this fun. Anyway I am glad that I got back into the mood of blogging during this break and I actually took an effort to take pictures of things I cooked. I am not sure how long that is going to last though.

Coming to today’s post, chilli fish is one of my favourite dishes. I have been making this for a long time now, especially when I have friends over but like many other recipes it never found its way to blog. It’s such a hassle free recipe with no deep frying bit but still tastes awesome.Talking about the  step by step pictures eventhough I managed to click all the steps they are not really good ones as my helper (hubby) got so impatient and ditched me after taking 1-2 pictures so I  had to click most of it with one hand  :)

Ingredients
 For marinade and frying 
Boneless fish - 500 gm
Maida/ Plain flour - 6 tbs
Cornflour - 3 tbs
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Salt
Pepper - 1 tsp
Water - 1/4-1/2 cup
Egg -1
Oil for shallow frying 

For sauce
Onion - 3 medium (cubed )
Spring onion – 5 ( chop whites and green and keep them separate)
Capsicum/ pepper - 1
Green chillies - 2( cut diagonally )
Minced ginger – 2 tsp
Minced garlic – 2 tsp
Tomato sauce/ tomato ketchup – 5 tbs
Soya sauce - 4 tbs
Chilli garlic sauce - 2 tbs
Oyster sauce ( optional ) – 1 tbs
Salt 
Cornflour - 2 tbs
Water - 5 tbs

Method
  • In a bowl add Plain flour, cornflour, salt, pepper, ginger garlic paste, egg and water and make a batter ( thick enough to coat the the fish) 

  • Dip the fish in the batter and shallow fry them in a pan adding oil flipping the sides until they are golden brown for about 5 minutes on each side. Drain it on paper towel / kitchen tissue and keep it aside.

  • In the same pan add minced ginger, minced garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.  
  •   Add cubed onions and chopped green chillies and sauté until onions are soft.  
  • Add spring onion whites and saute for a minute or so.
  • Add tomato sauce.  
  • Add soya sauce.
  • Add oyster sauce.   
  • Add chilly garlic sauce and cook for few minutes until oil starts to separate. 
  • Add chopped capsicum and stir for 1-2 minutes.  
  • Now add the fried fish and coat it in the sauces and cook it covered for 3- 5 minutes.   


  • Finally dissolve 2 tbs of corn flour in 5 tbs of water and pour this to the paneer and mix well. 
  • Cook for another 1-2 minute and  sprinkle the sprinkle the spring onion greens turn of the flame.            
                                        
                          



Enjoy !                                                                                                                                               

5 comments:

Rafeeda AR said...

I love that there is no deep frying involved... delicious chilli fish...

Anupa Joseph (Palaharam) said...

the chilli fish looks super tempting...I wanna try...bookmarking it

Swathi said...

Chili fish adipoli.

PrathibhaSreejith said...

Just perfect :)

Vinee, Wishing you and family a Very Happy New Year 2016 !!

FLAVZCORNER said...

I am definitely making this on the weekend!! Loved the picture with a piece picked up by chop sticks :)