Friday, November 12, 2010

Chakka Puzhukku




The weather here in London is worse since last week,its very windy and rainy all the time.Cant go out really, yesterday I had to go out for a music session for my little one and the wind nearly blew me away, so today me and my little one stayed inside and I decided to make my time useful by visiting my friends blogs and refreshing my blog too. After my holidays I am still not in a mood to do some serious cooking,So I dont have anything fresh to post today. This chakka puzhukku is my moms special which we had during our holidays..

Here goes the recipe

Ingredients

Raw Jackfruit - 1/2 of the fruit
Grated coconut- 1/4 cup
Shallots - 10
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Garlic crushed - 1 tbs
Redchilly powder - 1 tbs
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt
Mustard seeds
Whole redchilly
Curry eaves
Oil

Preparation

Cook the jackfruit with redchilly powder,turmeric powder and salt by adding water till it is cooked and mushy.
Grind coconut ,shallots,cumin seeds into a coarse paste.Add this paste to the cooked jackfruit along with crushed garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.Finally in a pan take some oil and sputter mustard seeds followed by whole redchillies and curry leaves and add to the chakka puzhukku.

20 comments:

Daisy Roshan said...

i like this - chakka puzhukku!!

Swathi said...

Chakka puzhukku chorum adipoli . Amma makes it more often.

Hari Chandana P said...

This is new to me.. looks so tempting and delicious..love it :)

Suja Manoj said...

Chakka puzhukku adipoli dear..meen curry koode undengil kushal:)

Treat and Trick said...

Sounds delicious though this is new to me...

Priya Suresh said...

Just need a spoon to finish that droolworthy whole plate..drooling..

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Chakka Puzhukku is also new to me. Would try to prepare it soon using your method. This dish looks delicious.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Ash said...

I love jack fruit preps & it has been quite sometime since I had any..... This prep of yours gets me drooling.... :)

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

My Kitchen Antics said...

i know..the weather totally sucks :(

ജയരാജ്‌മുരുക്കുംപുഴ said...

adipoliyayittundu.... aashamsakal......

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Vineetha
How are you? I am off blog these days , so you dont see me.
I like this recipe..it is so new for me ..will try soon..
Have a nice weekend

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

yumm..ethu kazhichittu korachayi.entem fav anu.adipoli!

Unknown said...

KIdulam!! Looks yummy...reminds me of home

Unknown said...

Chakka puzhukkum chammanthiyum orthittu thanne vayil vellam nirayunnu..Lovely pic..

veena said...

First time here, lovely space.This is new to me , would love to try it:-)

Sarah Naveen said...

ooh!!! ingu thannekku..ippo theerthu tharam!!! yummyyy

ah pinne thanks for the good words ;)

Namitha said...

ithraykku kruratha kanikkallu ketto..kothi karanam oru rakshayumilla ...love love love it..:D

Dolly Sharma said...

Hi Vineetha..Good to see u back..I've been doing good..My younger one who is 3 now has started going to preschool. I was busy for a while as my in-laws were visiting us..so has not been quite good at blog hopping myself. So ur little one is into music..thats good keeps them busy..

This recipe is new to me..Looks good . Will try it..

Nithu Bala said...

Vineetha, please take a look at here.
http://www.nithubala.com/2010/11/my-bourbon-biscuits-recipe-selected-as.html

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

OMG, You brought back my childhood memories my velliammachi makes this when we were at moovaattupuzha on summer vacations. Yummy!! delicious one only we people can relish it LOL
Thanks for sharing
I am following
best regards
philip