Friday, April 4, 2014

Apple cinnamon whole wheat Waffle


After a busy term, finally our Easter holidays are beginning. Today is the last term day for my lil boy and for me it’s tomorrow. We are really looking forward to all the festivities coming up and more than that I am thrilled about my baking workshop next week. Yes ..for the first time I am doing a baking workshop for a small group of ladies at my home showing them some basic baking. My blogger friend MK who lives around the corner is joining with me and we are doing a combined workshop. I really hope we can inspire those ladies to get into bakingJ. We will try and take some pictures of the workshop and share it with you all.

 I love waffles and I have been eyeing on buying one since a long time. 40-50 quid for a waffle maker seemed too much for me and decided to keep my desire on bay. One day during a casual chat with my friend T, she told me that she owns a waffle maker which I can borrow any time. Oh boy I was happy; I borrowed it from her the same day and made the waffle the very next day. It has been few weeks since that and it’s still with meJ.. I know I know when we borrow something we shouldn’t keep it this long right? So before returning it back I wanted to make it one more time and take a picture and midst of all the morning chores that too on a weekday I clicked my waffles before we gobbled it up. I think it’s time for to invest some money on waffle maker as my lil boy loves waffles more than anything else for his breakfast!



Ingredients (makes 4 waffles)
Whole wheat flour / Atta – 1 cup
Egg – 1
Milk – 1 cup
Apple( grated) – 1
Cinnamon powder- 1/8 tsp     
Melted butter – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 2 tbs
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Salt – a pinch

Method
  1. In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients together and make a batter.
  2. Preheat the waffle maker and with a ladle, pour the batter to the waffle maker and cover it.
  3. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
  4. Take the waffles out and serve hot just own its own or with dusted sugar, honey, maple syrup or whipped  fresh cream and strawberries !! 

11 comments:

Hari Chandana said...

Looks so beautiful and perfect.. love the presentation too!!

Anonymous said...

the waffle looks just awesome i like the shape most very nice post dear

Priya Satheesh said...

Flavorful waffles...Love to grab some :)

nandoos kitchen said...

waffles look very nice and yumm

Priya Suresh said...

Looks like finally u got ur waffle maker, i remember you were telling about ur maker while i posted my waffles.

Waffles looks prefect to kick start a day. I would love to have for my weekend brunch.

FLAVZCORNER said...

Vinee back in action!!!! Waffles are one of my reliable breakfast on weekends on lazy days. Waffle makers are not that expensive here in US. The Apple Cinnamon version sounds good.

Julie said...

wow..looks perfect n healthy..my kids love it too!!

Manju @ Manjus Eating Delights said...

I love waffles and love your waffle shape!!! and good goin with the baking workshop I bet you two will rock!! :)

Anupa Joseph (Palaharam) said...

First of all, all the best for the baking workshop....it might be so thrilling to conduct one for the first time...hope u have fun conducting it :)

waffles look so good... I have been thinking about making it myself for sometime now...will try soon...

Rafeeda AR said...

i have a waffle machine not yet used! I wish I could send it to u... :P these look so delicious...

Anonymous said...

I like to see the Waffle more than taste it
It looks very nice.
find more: